❤

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Around the Cottage - Winter 2017

Happiest New Year wishes to you all!  I love this time of year so very much, as we shift from the darkness and gather more light each and every day.  Before we know it, Spring blossoms will be awaking and it will be time to play in the garden once again!  It has been hard not to have my mind on the garden lately.  Seed catalogues have been arriving and I've been considering what new plants to grow this year, and thinking about what I'd like to move around when Spring does arrive.
It is surely not here today, however, and I find I must take advantage of this quiet inside time to work on art and cottage projects before the garden steals me away!

Here are a few wintry scenes from around the cottage:

The Front Entry Arbor - covered in Snow and Rose Hips.

A little vignette, with birdhouse, our old garage, clematis and the composter!  : )
Male Cardinal at the feeder.


Female Cardinal



Goldfinch



Inside there have many changes recently - from little fix-ups to a new temporary art space (on the front porch mind you)!
My temporary work space on the front porch!  I don't know what I'm going to do when it's time to start seeds!

It is our plan to turn the garage into my new studio.  I was feeling unsure about the whole deal at first, as I liked my space upstairs, but alas, it just doesn't give two teenagers and an artist the necessary space, so I've come to recognise this as a blessing, although it will take some time to transition it all.  All in all, I like it very much on the front porch!  Which brings me to art!  I have been making it.  Perhaps not sharing as much, as I've been working on a quiet project just now, but I shall be getting some pieces together for new cards this year and will hopefully have something to share soon.

In other cottage projects, I decided to tackle the back entryway.  Perhaps it is the old-fashioned-ness in me, but I do so adore wallpaper!  Here is a photograph of how it is looking so far, taken from the mudroom.  I ran out of wallpaper and have to order more to finish the opposite wall, and there is still trim work, etc.  I ordered this wallpaper from Laura Ashley - I like her designs (and this wallpaper is made in Great Britain).  I feel rather pleased, as wallpapering is a rather a stressful task for me (perhaps the cottage ghost was secretly assisting me!)!




I do so wish you all a most Blessed 2017!  May you find much pleasure and happiness in all that you do, make, grow, collect, preserve, create and share this year!


                                                ❤ With Love from Snow Fairy Cottage ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment